Many people go to Pattaya to relax and have fun, so it is no surprise that this Thai resort has plenty to offer in terms of restaurants, cafes, bars, and clubs. Whether you want a cheap, quick meal or a fancy dinner in a lovely Pattaya restaurant, Pattaya offers a world of choice. You can also find many places to sit down with a cold beer or to dance the night away at a Pattaya club. Here are a few ideas for where to go to eat, drink, and party.
Image via jo.sau/ Flickr
Cheap and Mid-Range Restaurants in Pattaya
If you are in need of a cheap feed in Pattaya then your best idea is to go to one of the food stalls, food carts, or food markets in the city. You’ll find a wide variety of different dishes, snacks, and drinks on offer at decent prices. Plus, it is quick and easy to pick your food, sit down, and enjoy. If you want to eat in a restaurant, here are a few budget places.
1) Sailor Bar and Restaurant – serving, in particular, a spectacular and cheap breakfast with all the trimmings, this restaurant also offers burgers, salads, sandwiches, and Thai dishes. Located near to the Beach Road.
2) Kiss Food & Drink – there are two branches of this cheap restaurant, which serve Thai food and some western dishes.
3) Big C Extra Food Court – located on Pattaya Klang Road, this is a cheap and cheerful place that serves a variety of Thai classics.
4) Subway – the popular sandwich chain has around five locations in Pattaya and depending on which sub you order you can get yourself a bargain. Check out the offers on subs of the day if you are on a budget.
5) California Sushi – set on the terrace of the Lima Lima Club on Walking Street, this sushi place offers a good variety of sushi treats and also provides live music some nights.
6) Breezeo – located in the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, this is a good restaurant serving a variety of Thai food as well as seafood classics.
7) Cosa Nostra – looking for a good value Italian restaurant? Cosa Nostra is one option, located on the north of Soi 7.
8) Maikan Majatalo – a restaurant serving big portions of your favorite dishes, with specials on offer.
High-End Restaurants in Pattaya
9) Mantra Restaurant & Bar – restaurant serving Asian and Mediterranean food at good prices, and also offering a Sunday brunch.
10) Ticino Restaurant and Vespa Bar – a nice restaurant set in gardens, serving a variety of Italian and European dishes.
11) Bruno’s Restaurant – a classy restaurant serving both Thai and European dishes. Also has a variety of set menus depending on the day.
12) Benihana – located on the second floor of the Royal Garden Plaza, this is a steakhouse restaurant from Japan offering tasty food.
13) Hard Rock Café – a branch of the popular US chain, located in the Hard Rock Hotel, and serving all the usual burgers, steaks, and beers you would expect.
Places to Drink in Pattaya
Most of the best places for drinking and having fun are located along the Beach Road in Pattaya, on Pattaya 2 Road, and also some in south Pattaya. As well as the multiple beer bars and go-go bars that you can find in Pattaya, there are bars and pubs that are also worth a visit.
14) Blues Factory – located just off the Walking Street, this bar features a live band.
15) Lovely Corner Bar – a good option if you want a relaxed introduction into the beer bar scene, located on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 7.
16) Henry J. Beans Bar & Grill – located in the Amari Orchid Resort, this is a pretty regular hotel bar that also serves food.
17) Hard Rock Café – this place has live music and dancing at night and also serves food.
Image via Aleksandr Zykov/ Flickr
Pattaya has a variety of nightclubs for people looking to dance, meet people, and have fun.
18) The Pier Pattaya – offering cheap drinks, house music and DJs, and a late license.
19) The Beach Club – an open-air club that holds afternoon parties and sunset-watching parties with different DJs and themes.
20) Lima Lima – the place to go if you are looking for international DJs or bands. During the happy hour, you can pick up cheap drinks.
21) Lucifer – sometimes you will find guest DJs, other times this is just a popular, lively place that gets crowded after midnight.
22) MIXX – located at the end of Walking Street. Plays house music and r-n-b.
A variety of other nightclubs offer a more authentic Thai nightlife experience, and you generally pay an entry fee and there are cheap drinks inside. For example, Chivas Palace, Hollywood Disco, Star Dice Entertainment, and Xzyte Entertainment.
Find out more about Pattaya at PhuketOn. For Pattaya hotels and accommodation, check out the reviews and information on PhuketOn – your guide to Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, and Hua Hin.